Sunday, August 30, 2009

So, the theme of my blog today is self improvement. There are a lot of ways I want to make myself better spiritually, physically, mentally, etc... I figure this is a good time to start because on Wednesday I have a hair appointment, and a dentist appointment. I want to do something different so I am thinking of getting a perm. I never do anything with my hair so it is always flat against my head and my original color has been growing back for almost a year now. I keep getting frustrated that I am not doing enough so I am going to give it some texture with a perm. I am also getting whitening trays and a mouth guard at the dentist so my smile should be looking good (not that I am too worried about how it is now). I am going to get gung ho about counting calories and working out again, and I just paid for a tanning bed. So, in a few months I should be thinner, in shape, bronzed, with curly hair, and a whiter smile. I have taken some before pictures to track my progress. These pics are a little embarrassing, but that may be the motivation I need.
This is what I usually do with my hair

Original Hair Color growing back in

My Straight Hair (I actually like how healthy it is, I just don't do anything with it)
Hair from the front
Pearly Whites


5-14-10
I just wanted to update that I wasn't able to get a perm because the hair was to damaged where it was colored, so I got a cut and decided instead to continue to grow out my original color. (Much to the dismay of Andrea & Tawny who are in hair school and can't stand my two tone look while it grows out). I will admit, it doesn't look awesome, but I am determined to get my original hair back and have not dyed it since Novemeber 2008 before Hawaii. I keep getting my hair cut 4 inches at a time (thanks to Andrea, she is great) and I probably only have 2 more major hair cuts to go! It only took 2 years. Geeze. I also didn't do so hot on my weight. In fact, in March-April I actually gained 7 pounds that I am now trying to get off. So frustrating. My teeth are whiter though, thanks to Uncle Bart. So, my efforts continue.

1 comment:

  1. You go Jen! (Although I must say....the last time I saw you I did remark to your mother how fit and trim you looked) It's always nice to better ourselves! You'll have to post pics of your curly locks if you decide to get the perm....I think that would be beautiful! I like it when you do your hair curly! Can't wait to see you in Oct.

    ReplyDelete