1. Pepsi or Coke - I don't like either. Ken doesn't care as long as it's diet
2. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip - We both like Miracle Whip all the way
3. Creamy or Crunch peanut butter - I used to say creamy, but I don't care either way now. I actually buy crunchy organic to make gluten free cookies.
4. Mountains or Beach - Beach
5. City or Small town - Suburb
6. Winter or Summer - Summer
7. Nsync or Backstreet Boys - Nsync I guess. Ken would say neither I'm sure
8. xbox or playstation - Wii
9. Firm or Soft Mattress - Soft
10. Liberal or Conservative - Conservative
11. Fruit or Vegetables - Fruit, but Ken likes veggies too
12. Public or Private Schools - Public
13. Hot or Cold (weather) - Hot
14. Boneless or Regular Wings - I don't eat wings. I've never seen him eat them either
15. Cats or Dogs - I like Dogs, Ken likes Cats, but we both agree that Bella is the best pet in the world
16. Team Angelina or Team Jen - We don't care
17. DC or Marvel - Both
18. Halo of Call of Duty - We don't care
19. Nuts or No nuts (in desserts) - No nuts
20. Team Sparkle or Team Heartbeat (Edward or Jacob) - Team Edward for me, he doesn't care
21. Board Games or Video Games - Both but slightly higher on video games for Ken
22. Hugs or Kisses - BOTH!!! and then some. Assuming we are talking about the real deal not the candy
23. Diamonds or Gemstones - Diamonds are a girl's best friend
24. Applebees or Chilies - Chilies
25. Brittney or Christina - Don't care
26. White or Yellow Gold - White
27. Travel or Homebody - Depends on our mood
28. Winter or Summer Sports (snowboarding/wakeboarding, etc.) - We like Summer better. Neither of us do any kind of sking or boarding.
29. Football or Baseball - Don't care
30. Mattas or El Charro (if you are not from Mesa...you wont have an answer on this one) - Sorronos
Well Andrea I am afraid I may have cheated on your list a little, but there are our answers. I went through a list with Ken when we were dating, but being an MFHD major my list was from a book and it was 50 most helpful similarities (http://www.familylifeeducation.org/gilliland/procgroup/50Similarities.htm) so I got into things like
1. Where will we spend holidays
2. Amount of involvement with in laws
3. Amount of income to be spent and saved
etc...
I also made sure we argued well and dug out the deepest conflicts I thought we might face before we got married. Ha ha, Ken thought we were in trouble because we were fighting. Just as I was feeling satisfied that we had a foundation for a lasting relationship he was thinking a couple who is happy shouldn't be having such arguments. Which is just plain wrong and silly. I guess if I got nothing else from my education I learned how to find me a good husband. :-) We have a validating conflict style and were able to compromise well. Not quite as fun as your list, but effective :)
I also went through another list with him that I found quite surprising. It was my list of what I wanted in a future husband I had been writing since I was 12. For example,
-Doesn't watch sports
-Emotionally supportive
-Likes to talk with me
-Sings to me
-Notices all the little things about me and loves them
-Willing to work out with me
-Returned Missionary
-Worthy priesthood holder
-Educated
-Hold and comfort me when I am upset
-Good sense of humor
-Willing to be silly with me
-likes to hear me sing
-Understands me
You wouldn't believe how perfectly he fits my lists. Man I am so dang in love with that man of mine. You don't have to settle, you really don't. He isn't perfect of course, but I wouldn't even trade him for a man that does pick up his socks.


i had a list too of what i was looking for in a mate. i had started it in yw and then added to it after the first engagement.
ReplyDeletejace fit pretty dang well...and met up with all except maybe one or two.