Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm Preggers!!!

On Thursday I woke up in the morning and took a pregnancy test. I was making sure that I wasn't pregnant because I had a meeting the following day to start a supplimental insurance which you must be on for 10 months before you deliver. The weirdest thing happened though. Instead of one blue line on the test, there was a very faint second line. I ran to Ken to ask what he thought, and he thought I was knocked up. I was not convinced. I decided I would take another test the next day to be sure. That night, I couldn't stand the suspsense so I took another test. Another faint blue line. So, I went to Wal Mart to buy some more tests. This test showed another faint pink line. Ken and I spent the evening talking about what would happen if I was pregnant. He is my rock. I was pretty nervous, but he kept reasuring me who great it would be. Seeing him excited about it is the cutest thing in the world, so I started getting used to the idea.

The next morning produced a still faded, but slightly darker pink line. I still wanted a second opinion, but looking at the four tests together provided some pretty conclusive evidence. I called the doctor that heavenly father blessed me to find only 3 days ago and told them about my faint lines. They told me I was pregnant and made my appointment for next Thursday. I then spent the day a little shaky with nerves and excitement calling my family and friends and letting everyone know. It was so fun to heaer everyone's reactions.

So far, I have already noticed a desire to take better care of myself. I started driving and although I usually buckle my seatlbelt, I specifically thought of protecting my baby when I buckled up. I am also a pretty cautious driver, but I thought of the baby as I decided to wait to turn right on a red light. I am also more careful about what I eat. I was already cautious and calorie counting before, but now I think about the little embyro inside me and if what I am eating will help them. I love whole wheat bread and load lots of spiniach onto my sandwhiches. Last night I had juice, strawberries, carrots, and a healthy sandwhich and it felt so good knowing I was giving my baby what it needed. So far, I am pretty excited. I think about it and just can't bleieve I have started down this path. I am now on a one way train to baby land. I hope that I can be the best mom possible before and after the baby is born.

1 comment: