I have to say that the single player campaign was pretty fun. I liked the story, the cut scenes were really well done, and it is a fun and challenging game. It kind of reminds me of settlers, risk, and Firefly all rolled into one. There is a bit of a space cowboys feel to it. Plus, the artwork is really beautiful.
So, here is my breakdown and the game and my experience.
One of this more interesting plot line points (and I love any hint at romance) was Sarah Kerrigan and Jim Raynor. Jim is the main character and the captain of the rebels. The government is kind of evil. (Firefly anyone?) One of the things the evil ruler did (before Jim realized he was evil) was abandon Sarah in a battle so she was left to be infested by the Zergs. Then she became their evil ruler. The Queen of Blades.
The Queen of Blades
Sarah Kerrigan was infested by the Zerg and became the queen of blades. Zuper evil Zerg leader.There are 3 races in the game.
The Human Race. My favorite.
The super intelligent Aliens. Sometimes they fight with the Terrans against Zergs. Kind of emotionless and highly efficent.In this game you are playing as the Terrna race. You are set up like a general watching the battlefield. You have to collect resources, build an army, defend your base, and fullfill waterever mission you are on that planet for. (For example, collect this artifact, or destory the Zergs, etc...) There are A LOT of things you have to think about and do at once. You have to keep building up your forces while making sure your SCVs are gathering minerals so you can keep building, send an army out to fullfill the mission, and make sure no one destorys your base. It is never boring I will say that.
I meantion Jim Raynor before. You are basically playing as Raynor. He is a good guy who thinks he is a lost cause. Blames himself for a lot of things that happened when he was trying to do the right thing. Tortured soul and all that. Also, he is pretty clearly in love with Kerrigan and wishes he could bring her back.
Tychus Finlay & Jim Raynor - The main characters, heros, and bad a's. Tychus is his old friend who was a convict that joins you in the beginning. He doesn't have Jim's moral compass, but is a fun character.
Tychus Finlay & Jim Raynor - The main characters, heros, and bad a's. Tychus is his old friend who was a convict that joins you in the beginning. He doesn't have Jim's moral compass, but is a fun character. Another thing that shokes me about Star Craft is how big a deal it is. Espeacially in Korea. They have tournaments all the time that are attended by thousands of people.
Not kidding. A group of fans gathered to watch a Star Craft Tournament
Not kidding. A group of fans gathered to watch a Star Craft TournamentThey have announcers and everything just like a sports game. This is mine and Ken's favorite caster.
Ok, SPOILER ALERT
In the end of this game you defeat the Zerg (well, on one planet anyways) and turn Kerrigan back into her former self. Tychus tries to shoot her so Jim shoots Tychus (that was sad) and walks off into the sunset carrying Kerrigan.
So, it was a fun experience. I like it so much I am playing through a second time on a harder difficulty. I love building up my base the best. My husband is happy, I am happy, and now I get to check it off the list.







if only more women were like you!
ReplyDelete