Sometimes when I see children in primary I wonder if they are going to make it. They bear these sweet little testimonies and I wonder to myself if they really understand what they are seeing, if they really believe in such a way that will sustain them when they reach Jr. High and beyond and are exposed to the cynicism and temptations of the world. I have seen so many fall and it breaks my heart. I want so much for all of them to make it. I have seen people faithfully bear their testimonies in Jr. High only to crumble in high school and be lost to this day. They claim they never had a testimony and I know that their past selves would argue strongly to the contrary, and weep to see that faith lost. I pray I never lose mine. Do they know? Do children really know? What right do I have to question them anyways, they probably know more than I do, but will they remember?
Then I found these poems, written by a 12 year old me, and I am reminded that I have always had a testimony which I have always freely shared. I knew. The words I read could have been written by me today (hopefully with better spelling). My journal entries, songs, art, and actions all portrayed my testimony of the gospel. A testimony which I have never doubted. I don't say this to brag, but you can't know all of the thoughts and intents of anyone else's heart but your own, and I am sure of my own heart. As I am about to be a mother and already worrying about my own children I am comforted by my own example. (Despite my many imperfections.) Hopefully it is one my children will follow. I am so grateful to remember that these things were so important to me then, and I hope that they will always be my focus throughout my life. I did know, and I still know that this church is true. That heavenly father and Jesus love us more than we can comprehend. That the atonement is real and that we can use it for EVERYTHING! And that the gospel is true and restored to this earth today. These things mean everything to me. Ken called me a church nerd today and I don't know when I have received a better compliment. I told him heck yes I was and to shout it from the rooftops. May I ever become more and more deeply rooted in the gospel is my prayer forever Amen.
So, here they are. My three poems.
My Dream
I dreamed a dream, and saw a sight
one lonely and very quite night.
I saw a child, a little boy
who carelessly has broken a toy.
And then he cried and to my surprise
in came a woman with such holy eyes.
She hugged the boy and dried his tears
and chased away a world of fears.
For just her presence truly was sacred.
her smile warm, caring, and sweet
She seemed to glow from head to feet.
Watching her handle the child with care
I cried for I knew that the lord was
there.
I thought of Gabriel and then I knew
that woman was an angel too.
She glowed with light, her smile
bright,
she could bring light through the
darkest night.
I asked the lord who could she be
and his answer was, a mother of three.
-By Jennifer Hunt to My Mother
Prayer
Prayer is talking to father above
asking for a nice day.
Prayer is a thing so when you need to
talk there is always something to say.
Whether it's thanking him for trees,
bids, or family, or the wonderful world he made
The pleasures from summer like swimming
and play while sipping cold lemonade.
Prayer brings you closer to heavenly
father it's our way of communication.
Asking for help so everyday we can try
to live to his expectation.
If you need help, or the devils around
don't think just fall on your knees
When you get up clouds of gloom go
away,
and a bad week can turn to a beautiful
day.
Yes prayer is surly the answer for any
questions you have.
Just remember when you need to talk
with prayer you will never get a busy signal.
Heavenly Father
Moonlight on roses that dance through
the spring,
Buttercups beautiful precious serene
All these are things the lord has given
us.
Families he gives us to love and to
trust.
Everything is from him in the beautiful
world
Just shows us he loves us like
strawberry swirls.
He is perfect you know and the savior
too.
I hope I live worthy to them, you too.
He loves us so much all he wants is one
things
For us to return to heaven and rejoice
with our king.
Yes God is great, good, and caring too.
I want to be like him as much as you
do.


No comments:
Post a Comment