Evertime I move I can't help but think of the Billy Joel song "Movin' Out." First of all, I love Billy Joel. particularly "The Stranger" album. Jace and I used to drive the truck to put signs out at night for the mattress business. It was a crappy job that took all night, and I hated it. The truck only had a tape deck and there was a small collection of dad's tapes, only 1 of which was worth listening to. That tape was "The Stranger."
The only good thing about doing signs was hanging out with Jace all night singing "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant" at the top of our lungs. That's right, we know how to rock.
Anyways, "Movin' Out (Anothony's Song)" is on that album and I am moving into my new house!!!!!!!!!!! The new house part is awesome, the moving part mot so much. Well, it is actually fun to get set up and see things start to come together.
We actually started moving last Friday. I took a car full of stuff to the house and met Ken, Jeanine, Bart, and my parents there so show them our house. I had it cleaned so it looked nice. Dad even dedicated it for us.
I thought I had made such progress in packing and moving a whole car full of boxes, but I had no idea. I packed up all night and Saturday morning Valyn came with her family and a truck and trailer to help us move. I mean, I knew I had a lot of stuff, but geeze. It took forever and we filled a large covered trailer and a truck and are still only half way done. I am so grateful for everyone that helped. Chad even came to the house to help unload and Jeanine and the girls came too. It's a good thing Chad came because there are things I physically cannot lift so we would have been in trouble. When we were done Ken and I took Bella back to our apartment and stayed there again for a few days.
I went to church the next day in an interesting state. My dresses, jackets, and shower things were at the apartment, but my shirts, shoes, make up, hairdryer, brushes, etc.. were at the house. Opps. So, the only shoes I had were some pink Victoria Secret flip flops and black running shoes. I showered Saturday night and in an attempt to make my hair interesting I put braids all over to crimp it. It turned out like a ball of frizz the next day. I had a pink shirt to match the flip flops, but it has huge American Eagle logos all over the front. So, I pulled my hair back, turned my shirt inside out, and wore a jacket. I really should have taken a picture. I went to church and started crying as I tried to say goodbye to my primary kids. That was hard. I adore those kids and I will miss them. Leading music has been a great calling for me.
Dinner was also interesting because I havn't been shopping because of the move, and I moved most of my appliances to the house. Ken wanted popcorn, we had popcorn, but not the popcorn maker. We would up cleaning out our cuboards for dinner. Left overs, canned peaches, etc. It is amazing that having two places to live can make you feel homeless. I will be excited to have all of my stuff in one place again.
Last night I couldn't take it anymore and had to go to the house to get pretty again. So, Ken and I packed what we could fit in the cars and went to the house. I made a frozen pizza in my new oven, we got the internet hooked up, we starting putting our new table together, and I took my first shower in our new home. It was glorious. Then we slept in our house for the very first time. All of our bedroom furniture is set up, but the mattress is still at the apartment so we slept on the spare mattress on the floor of the office. This whole situation is just cracking me up.
We love our new house and we are so excited to own something and get it all put together. I love that we get to do that together. Happy happy. Later.
Unable to Catch up
2 years ago



I hate moving too. It'll be so nice once you're settled. If you need help packing/unpacking/cleaning, I could drive up. Just text me if you need me. :) I'd love to see you.
ReplyDeleteHey I'm not going to turn that down :-) We are moving a bunch of stuff tonight and tomorrow if you want to come over sometime. Plus you gotta see my pretty house. We could even eat or something fun.
ReplyDeleteJEN!!! i love it. i am so excited for you guys and maybe just a teensy bit jealous. :)
ReplyDeleteyou're a homeowner!!! so cool.
(i sound like i'm 13...)