I started yesterday. It went pretty well. I had a green smoothie at 10:30am, 2:30pm, 6:30pm, & 10:30pm. I wasn't hungry all day. I did have mad cravings for food all day, but that was not out of hunger. I discovered a kind of freedom in eating this way. I do not have to think about what I am going to eat, and food prep is simple. It's a huge mental and physical time saver. I really wanted pizza, but I certaintly didn't need it. I went to Costco to buy smoothie ingredients and that was hard. It's hard to be around food. I bought a bunch of spinach, frozen berries, water, and mixed greens. I must say I felt pretty good about my cart. the "food" I crave isn't actually food at all. I wanted cereal, cookies, bagel bites, and chips. What I was buying was the real honest to goodness food that actually nurishes our bodies, and that felt good. I found myself looking at other people's carts and mentally shaking my head at the horrible choices. Smoothies is in no way a premanent plan, but it is a great way to blast the nutrients I get. It is certaintly better than hot pockets! (Jim Gaffigan...Hooot Pocket). I always think "I'm glad I ate that" when I finish a smoothie.
I think society's attitude towards food is really sad. At work I have mentioned healthy choices at lunch and people are proud of eating cookies and donuts. "I don't eat healthy I want to enjoy life, donuts are an important food group, etc etc" (not exact quotes). It is actually frowned upon to eat healthy. Parents assume kids won't eat anything accept for mac and cheese and hot dogs. Kids are raised thinking they should drink a lot of milk. The more I read and learn about nutrition the angrier I become at the lack of general knowledge and the "evil and conspiring men" who aim to keep it that way. I read through a book called "Food Politics" and was so angry at the food companies I threw away all the packaged food in my desk.
![]() |
| Real Food |
![]() |
| Yum...Sometimes nature looks delicious |
Ok, I better get off my soap box because it has only been 1 1/2 days and I still have terrible habits and addictions to junk. Wish me luck.




No comments:
Post a Comment