Friday, September 2, 2011

Going Green Day 5

Well, it's morning again so I feel good, but last night was terrible. I was reading my scriptures and the whole 30 minutes I couldn't think of anything but food. It was miserable. I was nearly crying to Ken that I just wanted to eat something and I couldn't do it anymore. He suggested I just do the 10 day challenge and that made me feel better. There is just no end in sight right now I am only on the morning of day 5. I don't know, in the morning I want 21 days again, but at night I don't think I can stand another second. I am going to get through 10 days and see how I feel. Maybe I'll keep going, but I don't want to set a goal I can't reach. So, I am saying 10 days, with an option for renewal at that point. After all the crying I made a smoothie. I dreaded it at first, but when it was made and I actually started drinking it I felt good again. Maybe I was just hungry and should eat right away when I get home. I had just finished working out, so maybe I should replenish my body faster to keep from crashing so hard. After I was done with my smoothie I felt great about everything again and wasn't tempted again all night.

This morning I weighed in at 144.6. So nearly another pound. I'm not sure at what rate I will continue to lose weight, but at the rate I have been going I should be back the the 130s by the end of the 10 days. Oh man that would be wonderful. The other nice think is I am worried I might be lactose and gluten intollerant and before I found it impossible not to eat foods with those in it. It is everywhere. I thought you couldn't live life without eating packaged foods, but now it feels possible. Heck I would love to just eat a big regular salad. So, when I come off the plan I will do it slowly. I will have a smoothie for breakfast and lunch and make a healthy dinner with a big salad first. I CAN do this. I just have to re-learn everything I ever knew about food and it takes a while to incorporate each step. If I find myself too hungry to wait for dinner I will just have another smoothie instead of bread, fast food, processed salty soup, pasta, or chocolate (my staples). That can be my modivator for preparing a healthy dinner. If I don't do it, I have to have a smoothie dinner instead. Those are so easy to prepare so I won't mess up. Then every now again I will have a free day. This can totally work.

I just want to make all of these things completly commited habits. Not just for me, but for my family. If I can have this down before I even have kids not only will I have a healthy pregnancy and lose the pregnancy weight quickly, but my kids will be raised healthy. I won't have to re-teach them about food and try to get mac and cheese addicted kids to eat their salad. Not that I won't ever do fun things, but it would be so wonderful to start right. I know it works because Green Smoothie Girl Robyn Openshaw talks about her family and how to get kids to eat right all the time. Also, I have a more personal example in my Aunt Wendy. Her 3 year old son Austin picks the veggies off of his pizza and just eats those! (her blog is http://tip-of-the-iceberg-lettuce.blogspot.com/ she REALLY knows her stuff about nutrition.)

Well, that's enough for today. Here are some pictures.
Day 5

I ride my bike to work so I always start in work out clothes


No comments:

Post a Comment