Sunday, September 4, 2011

Going Green - Day 6

Today went really well. It is Saturday and I thought it would be even harder at home with food all day, but I kept busy. I went to the gym, shopping, and a long hike with friends. I brought a protein bar on the hike with me just in case it was too much and Ken and I agreed it would be ok, but I made it out without eating it. I also brought a Green Smoothie. I drank that at our destination and had enough energy to finish. I got car sick on the drive home so that made it hard to want to eat right. I just wanted crackers and sprite. However, I made my smoothie and as soon as I started drinking it I felt much better. Funny how that works.

This is the second hike in my life I have initiated. I always hated hiking and was the loudest complainer about going. (even though I am usually the first and out, I'm not a bad hiker). I don't think I would have ever felt like doing something so strenuous if it hadn't been for my recent eating and working out habits. It was a blast and I was really glad I did it. When I feel so healthy and energetic I want to do more active things. I even offered to go for a bike ride with Jeanine on Thursday. I am actually suggesting these things! I can hardly believe it, and I am enjoying it. As we were hiking I was looking at the greens on the trail wondering if they were edible. I pictured putting them in my blender. Ha ha, that's a first. I feel so wonderful.



Making my Smoothie

Eating my Smoothie
After breakfast and such I went to the gym and then to Smith's. There were several 60% off clearance sales so I found some awesome work out clothes. A fitting reward for weight loss I thought. It came in handy for my 6 mile hike with Karen and Andrew, (and Leah and Bella) a few hours later.
Cheese

My new clothes

Clothes in Action - Bella and I hiking to Dog Lake
Eating a Green Smoothie when we stop for food

Bella and I

No comments:

Post a Comment