Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Going Healthy - Day 9

Changed my title a bit to reflect that I am incorporating more than greens now. Yesterday I had a smoothie breakfast and lunch and for dinner I made southwest quinoa. It was delicious. I cooked my own black beans (you have to start them the night before, but it's pretty easy to leave something in a crock pot and then you don't have a can loaded with sodium with less nutrients). I made some quinoa in a rice cooker and chopped up some green onion, tomato, & cilantro. Mixed some olive oil, lime juice and kosher salt with the quinoa when it was done and threw it all together. It was so good. It tasted a lot like chipotle to me. Not THAT good, but close enough. Completely natural and healthy. I ate a bit too much of it though. I should have put back 2 more large spoonfuls. It felt really good to be totally full and I had that at 7pm and didn't eat again the rest of the night. I felt heavy though.

This morning, and even this afternoon I still feel heavy. I went up to 144.5 this morning. It was healthy and yummy, but the greens just leave me feeling so wonderfully light and energetic. I think I will get a bunch of lettuce tonight and use the leftovers to flavor a big salad instead of eating it straight. It was a bit too much for my body. Already back to gas and stomach pains. We'll see how I do with a southwest quinoa salad tonight. I am guessing it will go much better, but we'll see. I had a yummy smoothie breakfast and have a smoothie lunch prepared. Emotionally, it helps a lot to know I will have something to actually chew for dinner. I am still glad I did the week of straight smoothies though. I know I would not have gotten those quick results to get me started if I hadn't done it all out.

My camera ran out of battery and I can't find my charger. I was going to take a picture of my dinner. Oh well. I'll get some photos up when I find it. This is making me sad, I love my camera. Later.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're worried that you went up in weight, but I don't think you should stress about it. Your dinner almost certainly had a bit more salt than the smoothies you've been on for the last week. The salt makes your body take back some of the water it's lost. There's nothing wrong with that; if your body lost all of its water, you would be in big trouble. :)

    ReplyDelete